FEFANA – the European Union (EU) Association of Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures – is the united voice of the specialty feed ingredients business in Europe. Our membership comprises manufacturers and traders of feed additives, functional feed ingredients, premixes and other mixtures of specialty ingredients that enter the food chain via feed. FEFANA facilitates the dialogue between EU institutions and feed business operators, whilst promoting feed and food safety, a fair and competitive market, and a favourable environment for innovation and growth.
FEFANA is currently seeking a
Public Affairs Manager
The successful candidate will join the Brussels-based FEFANA Secretariat team. She or he will be reporting directly to the Secretary General.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinate the monitoring and gathering of information on EU policy developments of importance to the feed sector as well as the analysis and communication to internal and external stakeholders,
- Collaborate closely with FEFANA technical and regulatory managers to provide recommendations on how to enhance the understanding of technical information towards a broader audience, direct topic-related communication and address advocacy needs,
- Manage and engage proactively with the establishment and retention of good relationships with key opinion formers and decision makers at EU level, including in the European Commission, the European Parliament and EU Member States as well as with the network of FEFANA national partners and with other stakeholder organisations,
- Represent the association in external meetings, advocating its positions.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- A university degree in political science, public affairs, European studies, EU law or in another discipline that is relevant in the context of this vacancy,
- Professional experience in the field of communication and/or EU public affairs of at least three years,
- Self-organising skills and be accustomed to project management,
- Excellent skills in listening, networking, public speaking,
- Ability to work under pressure, managing several projects simultaneously, and prioritize tasks effectively to meet tight deadlines,
- Strong team working ability,
- Excellent communication and language skills: highly proficient in spoken and written English plus at least in one other official language of the EU, preferably French, is required,
- Knowledge of the EU regulatory functioning and environment and experience with feed and/or food legislation would be important assets,
- Standard computer/IT skills, including MS-Office and its applications.
A full-time position in a dynamic, international, friendly small team. While the everyday working environment is light-hearted, the team is passionate and committed about FEFANA’s work and objectives. We offer a flexible scheme of working hours and an attractive remuneration package, including benefits.
How to apply?
Applicants should send a letter of motivation together with cv and salary expectation by 28 January 2022 to the attention of the FEFANA Secretary General, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.